auf deutsch
the house around 1900 the history of the estate

The Auberge du Cèdre is the former manor house of the Cazeneuve wine-producing estate, which at the time comprised more than 50 hectares of vines, 250 hectares of wooded hillsides, the large cellar and the outbuildings opposite.

The oldest part dates from the 13th century, when the house was called the Mas de Trimon.
The name of Cazenove appeared in the 14th century. Later in the 17th & 18th centuries, the gentlemen glassmakers of the de La Roque and de Girard families practised their art here.

At the end of the 19th century, Cazeneuve became an important wine-producing estate, belonging to a rich family of wine merchants in Sète. The house as we know it today with
its orangery, function rooms, terraces and gardens, dates from this period.

At the end of the 20th century, the vineyards of the estate have returned to their original vocation, and the manor house has become the Auberge, being gradually converted
to improve the welcome afforded to guests.

garden stairs around 1900
the orangery around 1900

The gardens, which were also created and planted around a hundred years ago with palm trees and other exotic plants that were very fashionable at the time, include very many species, some of them coming from the botanical gardens in Montpellier.

The Cèdre (cedar) itself dates from this period as well.

the house around 1920
L’AUBERGE DU CEDRE - guest  house| hotel | wine  restaurant - Domaine de Cazeneuve - F 34270 Lauret - +33(0)467 590 202 - welcome@auberge-du-cedre.com